Chana Masala or Garbanzo Beans Curry is a delicious North Indian Dish served with rice or naan. Garbanzo Beans are a good source of protein, fiber, and iron. People cook various dishes with Chana, including curries, soups, masala chana, etc.
Chana Masala is an easy-to-cook and delicious dish. Chana Masala or Garbanzo Beans curry is a mixture of onions, tomatoes, and different spices that gives authentic flavor and texture to the dish.
Chana Masala recipe is a simple and crowd-pleasing food. There are countless ways to personalize this food and make it special with your favorite ingredients. But if you want to cook the best chana masala at home, here is the recipe for you.
Cook The Best Chana Masala with These Simple Steps
Things You Will Need
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric.
- 1 tsp Organic Zing's Coriander Powder
- 2 green chilis (chopped)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp Organic Zing's Garam Masala
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz garbanzo beans
- Long-grain white rice (cooked), for serving
To The Kitchen -
- Heat a medium cooking pan and add two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add onions, green chilis, and garlic cloves to the cooking pan and saute it for 2-3 minutes until the onion gets brown and the raw aroma vanishes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes into the pan and mix them properly.
- After this, add turmeric powder, salt, organic zing coriander powder, and red chili powder to the tomato mixture.
- Saute it for 2-3 minutes on low flame and add ½ cup of water to it.
- Cook till the gravy gets a stew-like consistency, and add garbanzo beans into the gravy.
- Mix the garbanzo beans or chana into the gravy properly and cook until the beans get soft.
- After it is cooked, sprinkle Organic zing’s Garam Masala on the chana masala and mix it properly.
- You can serve the delicious Chana Masala with white rice and enjoy it with your family or friends.